Experience and Qualifications
Charles M. Ertel, CPA
From working at Community Bank System Inc, to opening his own practice in 2012, Charles has worked in accounting and taxation for over 38 years. Charles worked his way up to become Controller, Chief Accounting Officer, and finally the Director of Taxation and Capital Planning for Community Bank. During that time, he learned financial, managerial, actuarial and tax accounting and accounting for stock-based compensation and gained hands-on experience with financial reporting, taxation, capital planning, mergers and acquisitions and running the employee stock option program for the bank. Since retiring from his work at Community Bank in 2011, Charles received his CPA certification and has earned his Enrolled Agent designation and will continue to work in taxation.
B.A., Liberal Arts, 1972
- Also completed accounting coursework at Syracuse University, Rochester Institution of Technology, and Clarkson University.
- Enrolled Agent (2013)
- Certified Public Accountant, (2012)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (2012)
Activities and Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Acccount (AICPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- National Associated of Enrolled Agents (NAEA)
- New York Society of Enrolled Agents (NYSSEA)
Get in touch
We know that finding the right tax accountant is not a choice to be taken lightly. That’s why we a offer a FREE telephone consultation to discuss your needs and pricing.